How is the program delivered?
The Globally Engaged Middle Leaders Program is a 9-month program delivered via a combination of face-to-face workshops, webinars, online modules and an action research project.
The program is built on three overarching questions:
- What are the realities of a global world?
- How does an authentic leader shape and influence a preferred future for Catholic schools
- How can I influence my school’s strategic priorities to deliver a culture responsive to the compelling realities of a globalised world?
Specifically, participants learn:
- the global competencies required to embed global citizenship in their schools
- the roles authenticity, trust and influence play in strong leadership
- the neuroscience of human behaviour to build trust
- how middle leaders can support school leadership to influence culture and interweave global competencies in curriculum planning and teaching, and
- how to identify evidence of impact through school data collation at the strategic level.
Participants also complete an action research project to reflect, grow and become globally engaged middle leaders.
This project requires participants to:
- Scan and assess: understand challenges and opportunities for change and improvement
- Develop, plan and act: develop leadership capabilities to plan and influence for change
- Review and reflect: assess impact and embed global competencies in the culture